- 375 gr fish (I used fish paste)
- 300 gr prawn
- 350 gr chicken breast
- 3 cloves shallot (Here I used 1 shallot, because the size is bigger than shallot in indonesia)
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 300-400 gr tapioca/sago flour
- 2 tbs dried prawn
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- 1 pack wonton skin
- 2-3 spring onion, thin slices
- 2 potatoes, steamed
- 1/4 cabbage, steamed
- 4 eggs, boiled
- Mince chicken and prawn.
- Ground shallot and garlic.
- Mixed fish paste, chicken and prawn mince with grounded ingredients. Add egg, salt, sugar, pepper, dried prawn and garlic powder.
- Then add tapioca/sago flour gradually. After the flour mixed well, you can add spring onion.
- Take one wonton skin, spread oil on it and put the mixture on the other side and make a bowl shape with your hand. The oil make siomay not stick each other when you put it in the steamer.
- Repeat it until all the wonton skin finished. While you do that, you can heat up the steamer. Don’t forget to spread oil on the steamer.
- Put all the ready mixture into steamer and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Ready to serve with peanut sauce.
- How to serve : Put boiled potato and egg, cabbage and siomay on a plate. Pour the peanut sauce on the top of it.
Note: if you don’t like peanut sauce, you can just use sweet soy sauce or no sauce at all.
Share on Facebook